Friday, December 21, 2012

The End Of The World... Again


Let's have some fun. First point - that image above that has been circulating the web is not Mayan. It's the Aztec sun calendar. If you're going to go all doomsday on everyone, at least get your cultures right.

Let's have some more fun. Just about anything could happen today. Solar storms. The earth's poles may shift. Weather catastrophes. Earth heads towards a black hole. An asteroid could hit us. Everyone from your funny uncle to your whacked-out neighbors (you know, the ones with the zombie apocalypse bunker buried in their backyard) is preparing in some way for the Mayan apocalypse. Guess who isn't?

The Mayans.

Yup, they're still around. There are 800,000 of them in Mexico. I watched some silly TV show about the Mayan apocalypse, and a reporter interviewed some Mayans. They'd never heard of the Mayan apocalypse and they weren't worried about it. Some could barely keep that grin of amusement from creeping across their faces. Silly white people. LOL

Here's a quote from a real Maya about the so-called apocalypse:

“We don’t know if the world is going to end,” said Liborio Yeh Kinil, a 62-year-old who can usually be found sitting on a chair outside his small grocery store at the corner of the grassy central square of the town of Uh-May in Quintana Roo state. “Remember 2006, and the ‘6-6-6’ (June 6, 2006): A lot of people thought something was going to happen, and nothing happened after all.”

SPECIAL WEEKEND SALE!! I'm so confident the planet won't blow up I'm putting my two erotic fairy tales ON SALE this weekend! Both "Climbing Her Tower" (erotic Rapunzel) and "Trouble In Thigh High Boots" (erotic Puss In Boots) are only $.99 from today, Friday, December 21 until Monday, December 24! You may find both books at major retailers like Amazon, Smashwords, etc. For more information about both books including cover art, buy links, blurb, and excerpts, please go to the links at the top of this page.

JOIN MY POST-MAYAN APOCALYPSE LOOTING PARTY! As far as I'm concerned, these apocalyptic warnings are just an excuse to party. In the summer of 2011, I and plenty of like-minded folk held a Post-Rapture Looting Party. Mine was on my wall on Facebook, and it was a huge success. This year, I'm holding a Post-Mayan Apocalypse Looting Party tomorrow, December 22, 2012 from noon EST until I drop. Head to my wall on Facebook and let's have a blast! Hang out, chat about Christmas, discuss the New Year's Resolutions you have no intention of keeping, talk about books, goof off, and have fun! BYOB. Here's my Facebook page. Everyone here is invited to my party.


I'm also holding the same party at my forum at CoffeeTime Romance. You must be a member of CoffeeTime to participate.


Good luck on my contest! Let's crack out the champagne and make a toast to the end of the world as we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment