Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Book Review: Best Lesbian Erotica 2012



Best Lesbian Erotica 2012
Edited by Kathleen Warnock

I have always enjoyed reading lesbian literature. It's not nearly as popular as other forms of erotic literature, like paranormals, bondage, steampunk, and male/male. I tend to not follow the trends anyway. Show me a good lesbian story and I'll show you a happy reader. Lesbian fiction is catching on now so maybe soon it will get the attention it deserves.

I enjoyed “Best Lesbian Erotica 2012”, which didn't surprise me. Each story was unique and very arousing. Being bisexual, I of course enjoy good sapphic fiction. The following stories were my favorites:

“Blood Lust” by Giselle Renard. I’ve never thought of cutting as particularly sexy but I can see how it can be a sexual release with this story. The bloodletting was incredibly arousing, moreso than I expected it to be. This one was a new experience for me. I welcome new experiences.

“The Produce Queen” by Michelle Brennan. I love stories with fruit and veggies as erotic tools. This one delivers!

“Rebel Girl” by Kirsty Logan. This very sexy tale had two women dancing around each other for the longest time before they consummated their relationship. I liked that they started off with men who were not nearly as sexy as they were together.

“Touched” by Amy Butcher. I grew up Catholic and went to a Catholic school so I know how repressive these places can be. I don’t know what was sexier about this story – the anticipation or the incessant flirting. This story is a promise of things to come and things that had been. I liked the cognitive dissonance in the girl who resisted. That’s so true to life.

As I had expected, every one of these stories was highly sensuous, very arousing, and well-written. I’m not into the Penthouse Letters variety of erotic writing. These stories turned me on in more ways than I could count. These writers are very talented and it shows in the wide variety of stories to read. You can count on Babeland to deliver fantastic erotic literature and sex toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment