Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dee Dawning On Book Covers

Visit the Midnight Seductions blog and read what Dee Dawning has to say about creating his own book covers. He does a wonderful job, too! The cover is often the first thing a potential reader sees next to the title, and it better be eye-catching.

http://midnightseductionsauthors.blogspot.com/2011/03/cover-that-begs-to-be-written.html

Here's an excerpt from Dee's post:

For writers who aren't able to make covers, you don't need to. All you need is the image. And the images are available for your perusal on line. There are a dozen or more of such sites. Careful though, images at some online image warehouses are quite pricey.

I use mostly I Stock, Can Stock, 123RF, Fotolia and Dreamstime. Now that I'm involved with and making covers for a brand new publisher, I imagine I'll be using them more and more, since I'll be making more and more covers.
Also read the blurb to his latest book, "Duped!". Revenge is best served cold.

Lizzie


No comments:

Post a Comment