Monday, January 8, 2018

Welcome, 2018!


This is my first post of the new year. January brings forth new goals and dreams. It also brought on a lot of snow. We got a foot and a half and I have cabin fever. I'm tired of snow. Bring on spring!

I used to see ponds ice over when I lived in Maryland. Here, the ocean ices over. Yesterday the whitecaps at one of the beaches looked like a slushie. I wondered what flavor it was? I've never seen anything like that before. A pond near home has completely iced over like it does every winter. I saw some kids playing ice hockey on it. That looked like fun.

Writing when you're hunkered down surrounded by piles of the white stuff can be a bit daunting. I need to write two short stories for some interesting submission calls but I can't figure out what to write about. Both are horror, which should be easy to write in this miserable weather. I know what to do when I can't figure out what to write – I read. I'm going to read Teeming Terrors to kickstart my ideas for one of those horror stories.

2018 is turning out to be a good year so far. Granted, we're only 8 days into it, but it's still good. My story Invisible was cited in The Solstice List 2017 The Best In Horror. It appears in Zippered Flesh 3: Yet More Tales of Body Enhancements Gone Bad which was also cited. I won one award before – my Night Owl Romance Top Pick award for my erotic romance novel Don't Call Me Baby. That book is currently out of print.


My main goals for 2018 are to finish and publish Secrets and Lies (my cozy mystery/thriller) and Happily Ever After: A Collection Of Erotic Fairy Tales. I also want to submit more short stories and see them published. I probably will no longer host Into The Abyss With Elizabeth Black because podcasts are a lot of work and I don’t enjoy them anymore. My goals are about my writing now. I don't want to get off track.


Here's hoping 2018 is a good year for me personally and professionally. I'm off to a good start. Let's keep the good mojo going.

No comments:

Post a Comment